Click here for a copy of the Early Learning Bulletin for 22 June 2021. It has information on:
- Provisions for COVID-19 vaccinations
- Information about the COVID-19 vaccine programme
- Financial reporting due 30 June 2021
- Electronic funding notices
- Playgroup funding
- PG5 report
- Te Rito deployment pausing
- Are students required to be safety checked?
- 2021 Prime Minister’s Education Excellence Awards finalists
We’re excited to share with you details of this year’s Home Based ECE Association Conference.
The conference will be held 24 – 26 September at the Lower Hutt Events Centre
Our conference kaupapa is:
Whakamaua te pae tata kia tina, take hold of your potential so it becomes your reality -
Navigating the seas of change to offer high quality homebased early childhood care and education
Click here for a copy of the Early Learning Bulletin for 08 June 2021. It has information on:
- COVID-19 anti-vaccination misinformation
- Preparing for ECE Census 2021
- Extended recognition of grand-parented educators in home-based services
- ERO Report Released – Science in the Early Years
- No vaping/Smokefree stickers
- Regional news
Today is budget day and the theme for this budget is ‘wellbeing’, with a focus on rebuilding. Our Minister of Finance, Grant Robertson has stated that the intention is to invest where we know the need is greatest. What we know is that the need is greatest in our early childhood education sector. This is the future of our country and where we are growing tomorrow’s big thinkers and world leaders.
13 May 2021
Dear Mr Hipkins
I watched with interest on Wednesday as you announced a move towards pay parity for teachers in early childhood education (ECE) centres. You said a funding increase of $170 million was intended to help these teachers move towards pay parity with their equivalents in kindergartens. I applaud this move and the increased recognition of the role of Kaiako in early learning services, however, was disappointed to see that it appears home-based services have been excluded from this funding increase.