NZ Home Based ECE Association – Educator Excellence Awards 2018
The New Zealand Home Based ECE Association Board is delighted to introduce the inaugural Educator Excellence Awards. Nominations for the awards close on 6 August 2018. See further details below.
Educator Excellence Awards replace the Educator of the Year Awards that were in place for many years. The previous awards system has been discontinued following feedback about the competitive nature of the process and the principle of choosing one Educator over another.
The new Educator Excellence Awards are designed to recognise and celebrate Educator excellence. The awards honour the mahi of Educators in line with Association aims and values, and enable the excellent work done by many Educators to be acknowledged.
Nomination and award process
- Nominations need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 6 August 2018.
- Nominated Educators must be current members of the New Zealand Home Based ECE Association.
- can be from families, services, or Educators themselves;
- can be in the form of a written document, photos and/or videos;
- describe what it is about the Educator that makes them deserving of the award;
- include the views of children and families, and the service;
- include a statement from the Educator about what they do, what they enjoy, their contribution to children and families, and their practice as an Educator
- In the nomination, tell us about the Educator’s commitment to one or more of the following:
- commitment to reflective practice;
- commitment to relationships and support for children and families;
- commitment to heart-centred practice;
- commitment to the essence of home based early learning.
- Nominations will be assessed by a panel of independent experts. Assessors’ decisions are final.
- Award recipients will be announced at the New Zealand Home Based ECE Association conference awards dinner on 22 September 2018 in Auckland.
- Awards for recipients not at the conference will be given to a service member at the conference, or are posted to the Educator via the service.
NOTE: If an Educator is not a current member of the New Zealand Home Based ECE Association, join now! Go to https://www.hbca.org.nz/join-now-apply-online