"Confident, capable, contributing individuals, begin their learning journeys at home. Significant attachments with 'special people' are formed during early years which are vital to enhance early brain development and life-long learning".
There are so many choices for child care and In Home Child care within the region of East Auckland today. Which service you trust to really understand your needs when helping you choose the ideal In Home Educator or Nanny for your young child, plays a huge part in the ongoing care and service both your family and the Educator you select receives. To cut a long story short – there is a remarkably big difference between In Home Childcare and QUALITY In Home Childcare. We want you to have only the very best for your baby, toddler or young child.At Stems FROM HOME we always go above and beyond the standard Ministry of Education criteria for NZ Home Based Education and Care. As well as thoroughly screened, first aid trained Educators working from thoroughly screened and stimulating home environments we offer:
- NO placement fees, admin fees or charges. Your chosen Educator’s hourly rate/expenses are all you pay – NO exceptions. Stems runs as a FREE community service in East Auckland.
- only 10-15% Educator recruitment from the applicants we receive wanting to become Stems Educators. Our standards are very high; we don’t have an ‘open-door’ policy. You will be able to select from the best of the best.
- a full team of experienced and genuinely passionate In Home Educators who are carving out careers in Early Childhood Education, not just ‘baby sitting’.
- all Stems In Home Educators have Public and Statutory Liability Insurance to protect you and your family whilst your child is in their care.
- all Stems Educators have a minimum annual attendance to be achieved at targeted Early Childhood Professional Development courses and workshops. They are constantly learning and growing.
- access to FREE training up to Level 4 from the Open Polytechnic
- nursery resource support and long-term loan library (high chairs, port-a-cots, car-seats etc)
- an annual resource grant for each In Home Educator.
- a clear, individualised learning programme for your child, linked to the NZ Early Childhood Curriculum. This encompasses:
- an individual Daily Activities Diary for your child
- an individual Learning Journey Portfolio for your child
- a minimum monthly visit by a qualified Early Childhood Teacher (Learning Advisor) to your child within their learning environment specifically to discuss and plan for their learning with their In Home Educator or Nanny. Most Stems Educators are visited/seen by a Stems Learning Advisor at least once per fortnight
- a succinct learning and development note in your child’s Daily Diary after each Learning Advisor visit
- a follow-up phone call and/or email at least every 6 weeks to check in with how the care your child is receiving is working for your family and your child’s development.
- access to FREE local Playgroup, Music and Movement and Playball (gross motor skill development programme for preschool aged children)
- a family-orientated service owned and run locally by Emma and Steph in East Auckland, with a passion and drive for ensuring your child receives the best pre-school learning opportunities possible.